Neuro Probe products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Products are for research use only. Not for diagnostic procedures.
Failure to adhere to the following warnings immediately VOIDS this warranty on reusable acrylic instruments.
- Never allow acrylic chamber components or silicone gasket to come in contact with solvents (e.g. ALCOHOL, acetone, carbon tetrachloride, etc.). Do Not spray with solvents as preparation for work under a hood. Solvents create microscopic cracks in machined acrylic; when the instrument comes under normal stress (as in during assembly), serious fractures will develop at the points of greatest pressure.
- Never autoclave acrylic chambers; they will warp, deform or melt.
- Never place acrylic components in a drying oven or under UV light.
- Never immerse acrylic components of a chamber in water hotter than 60°C. Ultrasonic cleaning of acrylic components is Not recommended.
- Never allow solutions, especially ones containing proteins, to dry on chamber components.
- Never blow dry with compressed air containing oil or other contaminants.
- Never soak a single well retainer or an MB-series 96-well chamber in sodium hydroxide; it will destroy the knob hardware.
- Never loosen or attempt to remove the hinges or knobs of an MB-series 96-well chamber; the hinges and knobs are precisely adjusted.
See cleaning and sterilizing for additional information on caring for reusable instruments.